Images from installing and opening of “The Fire To Say” at Winkleman Gallery in NYC, curated by Franklin Einspruch and based on the book he put together "Comics As Poetry." It’s a great show with books and art from Franklin Einspruch, Kimball Anderson, Paul Tunis, Oliver East, Jason Overby, Julie Delporte, Derik Badman and me. These images, from the top:
- Franklin photobombing me with an Oliver East page.
- Delporte and East on top, Tunis in the middle, more Delporte on the bottom. I loved how hers was so cut up and collaged.
- My review of Overby’s awesome pages.
- some of my scribblings.
- The table of reading stuff.
- THE OPENING! An all-star shot with (R-L): Sean Ford, Derik Badman, Kimball Anderson, Aaron Cockle, Paul Tunis, Alexander Rothman and Carrie of @carrietryharder (I don’t know her last name).
- My father-in-law Pappy Way talking to Ford and Rothman.
- Cockle, another guest and Darryl Ayo, my twitter hero.
- More greatness: Cockle, L. Nichols, Alyssa Berg and, reading the book, old pal Jesse Lambert.
- Finally, Franklin looking deservedly triumphant.
Thanks to all who came and who will go see it, including not pictured Bianca Stone, Frank Webster, Steve Voll, Linda Way, Austin English and more more more. Thanks esp. to Franklin for putting it together and Ed Winkleman for hosting the show in his gallery.